Desktop Support Technician, Infrastructure Support
The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for providing users with quick resolutions to technical issues having to do with desktops, laptops, printer, account access, wired and wireless network troubleshooting, and general technology questions. This role will provide support remotely and onsite for the large client base. Primary focus will be on hardware support – break/fix incidents, adding/upgrading hardware, troubleshooting and replacing failed hardware, imaging workstations and laptops, and troubleshooting reported issues with the infrastructure and LAN/WAN.
• Provides users with quick resolutions to technical issues having to do with desktops, Laptops, Printer, account access, wired and wireless network troubleshooting, and general technology questions.
• Works with the rest of the team to test, document, and implement new technologies.
• Provides support remotely and onsite for the large client base.
• Must have great customer service skills, as talking to clients is a big part of the position.
• Works closely with technical operations to troubleshoot reported issues with the infrastructure and LAN/WAN.
• Hardware support – break/fix hard drives, video cards, nic cards, adding/upgrading hardware and troubleshooting and replacing failed hardware. CompTIA A+ certification is a plus.
• Experience with networking basics - Ability to use Windows tools to resolve/troubleshoot networking issues (nslookup, ping, tracert, etc.) Network cabling (patch panels, network switches)
• OS – Imaging workstations and laptops, bios upgrades bluescreen troubleshooting.
• Experience with troubleshooting printers, adding new printers to network
• Microsoft related products: 365, Active Directory (group memberships, password resets and creating users) Exchange, SharePoint, and MS Office suite
• Remote access solutions: VPN (Cisco VPN Client), Windows Terminal Server
• Other Duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES:
• Technical computer skills as well as good interpersonal, management, and customer service skills.
• Knowledge of ITIL concepts including Service Management and Service Delivery and experience.
• Should have knowledge in desktop imaging & scripting.
• Extensive knowledge on hardware & O/S trouble shooting.
• Good understanding of IP telephony setups and installs.
• Experience with Active Directory, MS System Center, or other systems management platforms.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol and troubleshooting.
• Experience with iOS, Android, and Windows Phone support, and mobile device management software.
• Basic understanding of MAC’ s
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Understanding of Helpdesk Ticketing System
• Travel Required -25% of the time
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Associates degree in computer science, business administration or related field is preferred.
• CompTIA A+ Certification Required
• Microsoft MCT, MCP desired
• HDI Desktop Support Technician
• 3 years of enterprise computer support experience.
• Strong customer service focus and interpersonal skills.
• Experience supporting end users using a web platform (including but not limited to familiarity with: HTML, SharePoint Office 365, OneDrive).
• Ability to communicate effectively in oral expression.
• Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
• Ability to work independently.
• Experience in PC Windows workstation imaging and configuration.
• Laptop break/fix experience
• Experience troubleshooting network connectivity issues and setting up VPN’ s
• Experience with Windows 10 support and installation
• Administration experience with end user password resets, user setup through Active Directory
• Familiar with ITSM best practices for Knowledge, Incident, Problem and Change
CognITek is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a drug free workplace.