Project Manager (Mechanical/Construction)
Cherry Hill, NJ
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager (Mechanical/Construction) who will lead Commercial Mechanical/HVAC projects including control of systems procedures, schedules, coordination and business aspects, etc. for field construction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
• Timely and effective billing at set time (monthly) for every project regardless of anticipated equipment deliveries.
• Meeting attendance on all job related conferences. Interacts extensively with contacts outside company (architects, engineers, suppliers, utility companies, lawyers, police, subcontractors, etc.)
• Coordination on initial buy out of projects, coordination of all materials after initial buy out.
• Reviews all purchases with Purchasing Manager prior to Purchase Orders.
• Weekly review of field labor reports and schedules. Complete weekly task analysis and update budget. Monitor any productivity problems and resolve immediately.
• Ensures all project related files are kept accurately and expeditiously.
• Attends weekly manpower meetings with Division Manger, Project Managers and Superintendents.
• Monitors any inconsistencies between original estimate and scope of work. Estimation of change orders for assigned projects. All change orders must be done per company policy and procedures.
• Review of accounting reports pertaining to assigned projects(s) weekly to see if accurate.
• Profitability analysis of assigned projects and company as a whole.
• Review and approval of all subcontractor and vendor billings pertaining to assigned projects(s).
• Complete control of claims file, delays, insurance, and legal matters (Risk Management) related to assigned projects.
• Close-out of all projects promptly.
• Coordination and preparation of pre-construction conference, project meetings and postmortem meeting for assigned projects.
• Cash flow management (collections, prompt payment, etc.). Review problems with Division Manager, Construction Operations Manager, General Manager and Controller.
• Review all contracts and change orders for assigned projects with Division Manager and Construction Operations Manager.
• Schedules, prepares agenda, and keeps minutes of meetings related to assigned projects.
• Update each job schedule and manpower loading chart weekly.
• Reviews daily issues with Division Manager, as necessary.
• Complete quality control of project.
• Services foreman’ s needs as required to make sure they have the proper tools, information and materials to complete project within budgeted time.
• Helps with job estimating when required.
• Completes assignments on time.
• Performs additional assignments as required.
• Associates or Bachelor’ s Degree including applicable course work/experience in HVAC, mechanical engineering, management.
• 5+ years’ experience as Project Manager (mechanical contracting).
• Strong interpersonal/communication skills.
• Capacity to set priorities, organize and handle detail.
• Tenacity to get things done on time and within budget.
• Familiarity with legal aspects pertinent to contracts and completion of projects.
• Knowledge of the construction industry.